Case Study - Agrochemicals/Agriculture
NCEC received a call from a farmer who was concerned about his cattle after they had become ill. The caller had treated his field with a weed-killer and subsequently his cattle had developed problems with their back legs.
Our Emergency Responder advised the caller of the non-hazardous nature of the product, explaining that the product was of low toxicity to mammals. The Emergency Responder explained to the caller that although the product was non-hazardous, naturally poisonous weeds, that animals would normally avoid, could become more palatable as the plants died. The Emergency Responder advised the caller to contact a vet for further advice on the health of his cattle and inform the vet that they could contact the emergency line if they required any further information.
Immediate access to product specific advice means that product users are reassured and informed of the risks during an incident.