The key highlights of the survey are:
- 93% of respondents are very satisfied or satisfied with the professionalism and customer service of NCEC.
- 92% of respondents are very satisfied or satisfied with the technical competency of our staff.
- When comparing the quality of our services with that of our competitors, 52% rated us as excellent (49% in 2012).
- 100% of respondents ‘would recommend’ us (68% in 2012); 35% have already done so to at least one other.
- Private-sector respondents, in particular, are keen for NCEC to provide legislative webinars (60% registered an interest). We hope to add more webinars to our list of activities for the year.
- More of you are using iOS® products. Therefore, our investment in developing an iOS version of our Chemdata® app is very timely. There will be more about the launch later in the year.
- The key challenge reported by private-sector respondents was achieving compliance. Several other factors vied for second place including increased competition, securing supply of raw materials and high energy costs. For the public-sector respondents, the main challenge was budget cuts with interagency communication and training taking second and third places.
- Despite these challenges, 62% of private-sector respondents and 98% of public-sector respondents felt regulation was a good thing.
We are also very pleased to announce that David Broughton, from the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, was the winner of the tablet computer and Android™ Chemdata licence. We’ll be running the survey again next year, so please look out for the opportunity to take part.