What we do
We work with the private sector, governments, public bodies and other stakeholders facing complex risk and compliance challenges. We specialise in working with organisations that put hazardous chemicals into the market place or have an interest in their commercial use.
We help our clients manage their risk and compliance challenges through tailored expert support and advice relating to emergency response, policies, investments, regulatory compliance, preparedness, systems and processes – and their practical implementation.
Our clients value the fact that we protect their bottom line and reputation by minimising their operational risk and supporting compliance.
At a glance, NCEC provides:
- Expert telephone emergency response and chemical safety advice and support, tailored to your specific requirements. We have an expert team of 40+ emergency responders, chemical specialists and compliance and operations managers who can provide accurate, timely and tailored support appropriate to your needs, regardless of size or severity.
- Advanced language and call handling capability enabling a timely and responsive service. We take over 8,000 calls annually; many of which are multilingual covering reactions, spills, fires, first aid, transport incidents, Personal Protective Equipment, unknown chemicals, regulations, information requests as well as commercial and technical enquiries.
- A global service, with a local presence. We have permanent in-country leads for France and Germany and access to international partners worldwide able to provide in-country support.
- Resilience of service. We use advanced call handling technology with robust landline infrastructure to ensure that in the event of any systems going down, you can still access our emergency advice.
- A safe pair of hands. After 40 years of serving as the UK’s National Chemical Emergency Centre, we now serve an international customer base including hundreds of companies in the chemical supply chain and around 50 percent of the world’s top 100 chemical manufacturers. Our longevity and varied customer base is evidence of our continued success in helping clients to safely manage risk, keep up with changing regulatory requirements and protect their business interests. Contact us to see how we could help you.
“We reviewed a number of options for the provision of emergency numbers and customer call handling. We opted for NCEC because of the extensive knowledge and experience its staff have in providing advice to people like our customers, who may have a varied understanding of the chemicals they are using. Particularly important to us has been NCEC’s team of emergency responders. They are great because, while they may have a PhD in chemistry and years of experience in dealing with extreme chemical incidents, they are able to communicate effectively, and provide suitable and practical advice to whoever they are speaking with.” Peter Leighton, Responsible Care Co-ordinator, BASF
“National Grid’s group crisis management framework is built on a commitment to continually improve the safety, sustainability and resilience of the power sector. Working with NCEC provided an opportunity for objective and detailed analysis of our group’s crisis performance, while requiring relatively little resource intensity on our end. By providing a high-end review based on best practice developments in industry, NCEC’s technical team offered practical insight and advice to support us in turning the dial one notch further in crisis preparedness.” Niki Wileman, Strategic Response Manager, National Grid
“As an operational incident commander I have used NCEC on a number of occasions. Each time NCEC provided swift and relevant information which has assisted me in bringing the incident to a successful conclusion.” Jamie Johnson, Station Commander, Cambs Fire
“I find the staff highly professional in all my dealings with NCEC. Always forward thinking and ready to respond in a positive way to my enquiries and requests for support.” Kev Hornsey, Hazmat advisor, Northants Fire and Rescue Service
“The support that I have received from NCEC as a hazmat trainer has been second to none and they supply a service that I really value.” Darren Weston, Watch Manager - Hazmat trainer, Leicestershire Fire & Rescue Service