How updates to REACH Annex II impact your safety data sheets (15 February 2022)
As per Annex II of the REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, which came into effect on 1 January 2021, any EU SDS compiled according to the old Annex II requirements will need changes to comply with the updated requirements. All new EU SDSs authored after 1 January 2021 are required to comply with the amendment.
During this webinar, our team of SDS experts discussed the:
- Changes required by the updated regulation that impact EU SDSs.
- Impacts of Brexit on SDS – do UK SDS’s also need updating?
- Adaptations to technical progress (ATP’s), and how they might impact classifications.
- Global requirements for SDSs.
- Impact of SDS changes on other regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with international emergency response and poison centre telephone numbers.
- Future regulatory changes that might impact SDSs.
The grace period to update SDSs ends on 31 December 2022, and NCEC recommends that organisations start the process of updating their SDSs now. If you’re part of an organisation wishing to import or place hazardous products on the EU market, then this webinar is for you.
Download webinar slides
You can find out more information about REACH Annex II and how to comply with it here. If you have any questions regarding the webinar, REACH Annex II, safety data sheets, ATPs or any other regulatory query in general, then please email us at [email protected] or contact us through the form on the right hand side.